Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The only constant thing...

...is change. I found out last week that my career guru, my office idol is resigning! I have so much respect for this man; he's smart but humble and treats his clients as his number one priority. In the past ten months that we've been working and traveling together I've learned so much and advanced my career exponentially. So obviously, I'm upset. Now, the grown-up in me says that I shouldn't take it personally, that this is a great opportunity for him and that he doesn't have any obligation to stay and mentor me.

However.

The single-child in me who hates not getting what I want is having a tantrum! A juvenile, fists-pounding-the-floor, two-year-old in the mall, TANTRUM! I want to scream that its just not fair! I liked what I was doing, where I was going... What is going to happen to ME? How does this affect MY life?

Of course I don't actually say any of this. Mostly I just pout to myself. But really I know that deep, deep, DEEP down I'm happy for my co-worker, my friend. And I know I'll bounce back. Right now, though, with all the other crap going on in my life, I just wish I didn't have to deal with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you guys will stay in contact and he'll keep giving you career advice.