Monday, January 15, 2007

Foot-in-Mouth Disease

Picture this: We're in the cab between bars on Saturday night. I'm sitting in the front because for some reason when I've been drinking I love riding shotgun in the cab. Anyways, I say to the cabbie "Thanks for taking us downtown, sir" to which he mumbles something (remember I'm drunk) and calls me ma'am! I was kinda jokingly insulted and I said "oh no, I'm not a Ma'am, I'm a Miss!" At this point my three friends (also drunk) are killing themselves laughing in the back, so I ask them what's so funny, but they're laughing too hard and just shaking their heads saying "we'll tell you later."


So we finally get to a bar and I'm dying to know: What is so funny? It is this: The cab driver was a woman. She was actually correcting me when I thought she was calling me Ma'am. How BRUTAL is that?

On a less embarrassing note, I'd like you to meet my new boyfriend:

This is Roy, he was our entertainment at the Christmas party I was at. He also did Elvis, but I was raised on Roy Orbison so he's got a special place in my heart.

1 comment:

Brianne said...

i've got my mind set on you...
i've got my mind set on you...

but it's gonna take MONEY!
a whole lotta Dirty Oil MONEY!
it's gonna take plenty of money...
to get it right :)

i can't wait to see you next week!
xo bree